ESP32 BLE Switchbot Bot

Hi, the link to my github is just a standalone working sample code, it doesn’t integrate with OMG.
If you want to implement it in HA there is currently no out of the box solution, so you’ll have to find another way!

I also bought a switchbot without a hub and waiting for the integration into OMG!

Hi everyone,

I just wrote this GitHub - devWaves/SwitchBot-MQTT-BLE-ESP32: Allows for 2 switchbots buttons to be controlled via MQTT sent to ESP32. ESP32 will send BLE commands to switchbots and return MQTT responses to the broker

I can try to make updates. I only need it for 2 switchbot buttons, but it can work for switchbot curtains etc. with a few changes

Local MQTT Switchbot button ESP32 control

1 Like

my esp32 code now works with switchbot button, curtain and meter/temp sensor and “unlimited” devices

Very nice work @devWaves!

I have added some functionality to OMG to incorporate this recently which I hope to build upon with a new PR that you can find in #995 here.

I am basing this PR on what I see in this thread as I do not have a switchbot to work with but I am hoping some of the users here will help with contributions to the effort. All feedback and suggestions are very much welcome and appreciated. I hope this can result in a fully functional control for these devices using OMG.

Switchbot S1 has been integrated to OMG by @h2zero, the switch, the state, mode and battery are autodiscovered.

Awesome - is there any chance of other Switchbot devices being added (temp sensors, hubs, humidifier, etc)?

Do you have those devices ?
If you have and are ready to help we can work on these.

Hi @travs, I have already done work on the SwitchBot Curtain and Motion Sensor decoders, which are ready for testing, if anyone with these devices is willing to help.

There is also a discussion thread for Theengs Decoder

for anyone with SwitchBot devices/requests to join, so we can collaboratively work on any additional SwitchBot devices like the ones you mentioned.

Once the decoders are implemented for getting and displaying the statuses the WRITE commands can be realised for the required actions.

Thanks

ADDENDUM: Just added a decoder for the temperature/humidity sensors you mentioned SwitchBot Meter (Plus), which has been merged into Theengs Decoder v0.4.0

for anyone with such devices ready for testing.

1 Like

I do indeed! I have both switchbot thermostats, humidifier, and hub mini. If the code is ready, I can definitely test!

Awesome - my esp32 boards are in the post, so when they arrive, I’ll flash this first thing.