OMG RF PulseLength

I attempted to control my RF433 remote and obtained data using an RC switch. To operate the switch, I discovered that I needed to set the pulse length to 187. The switch doesn’t work if I do not assign for a certain pulse length. I was wondering what the configuration template has to be in configuration.yaml to set the specific pulse length. Thank you.

This is my configuration. yaml
mqtt:
switch:
name: ZAP_2
state_topic: “home/OpenMQTTGateway/MQTTto433”
command_topic: “home/OpenMQTTGateway/MQTTto433”
value_template: “{{ value_json.value }}”
payload_on: ‘{“value”:349491}’
payload_off: ‘{“value”:349500}’
state_on: 349491
state_off: 349500
qos: “0”
retain: true

Hello,

You can set the pulse length by changing the “delay” below:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the information.
I tried to use the delay but had no luck. RC-switch works really well. I don’t if I made some mistake in my yaml file. Thanks.

mqtt:
switch:
name: ZAP
state_topic: “home/OpenMQTTGateway/433toMQTT”
command_topic: “home/OpenMQTTGateway/commands/MQTTto433”
value_template: “{{ value_json.value }}”
payload_on: ‘{“value”:349491,“delay”:187}’
payload_off: ‘{“value”:349500,“delay”:187}’
qos: “0”

1 Like

The template seems to be right, are you sure about the parameters?

If in doubt about any parameter to be sent, I used this technique to clone the original: I suggest you generate the real signal by pointing it at OMG and see what the RF receiver captures in the 433toMqtt topic

I used this technique to copy the original signal, get full signal raw data and also capture the exact delay to use.

After that (in my case I want to manage it via HA) I created a fake device via automation and injected it via MQTT discovery (check out the second script on Problem understanding HA integration - #3 by odyno) and finally I have a device full managed without any compatibility problem.

Hope is useful for you.

1 Like

After some time, I managed to pinpoint the problems. It wasn’t until recently that I had the opportunity to investigate further. As it turns out, the solution lies in equipping my RF 433 with an antenna to enhance signal transformation. During my initial tests using Arduino, I had the transmitter and receiver positioned closely, resulting in seamless communication without any issues. However, when I attempted to test the device in an actual application, despite the short distance of just 2 meters, it failed to operate correctly. Therefore, my recommendation to others experiencing similar difficulties is to examine the antenna as a potential culprit.