Sonoff RF Bridge 433 + Digoo DG-R8H 433MHz

Great! Thanks a lot for all your work…

Well let me forward your thanks to the updaters of Pilight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Integrated into development branch

Agree with you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a lot Florian,
I just downloaded the dev code and compile with “default_envs = esp32dev-pilight”
this time I used a just arrived STX882 module and use it with ESP32 (like marekorok tell me)

I still test it but now it’s work at 15 Mt with 2 wall between
It’s work great :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot all for all the work.
Denis

1 Like

I may be wrong…

I got my Sonoff RF Bridge working with Digoo DG-R8H… Which is great!
It also get the door switch sensors information correctly…
But, it do not get the motion sensor information for ([433Mhz CT60 SONOFF PIR2 sensor]) which working fine with the original Sonoff RF Bridge flashed with Tasmota… Did I missed something in my setting?

My goal is to get the info from all my RF 433 device using only one Bridge…

Thanks,

If you want to extend range further look here: Sonoff RF Bridge extended range - #22 by 123qweasd

I have a number of PIR (Sonoff and Digoo) and I have to use two Sonoff RF bridges (Tasmota+Portisch / OMG+Pilight) in order to get all signals. Some are received by both, some on one or the other… Maybe I’ll just order a few extra units compatible with Pilight and get rid of the Portisch unit; meanwhile it provides some redundancy.

BTW, I haven’t upgraded to the latest Pilight yet, other than the R8H, any other protocols added?

Cheers,

I should get used to have a minimum of 2 Sonoff RF Bridges…
Tasmota / OMG + Pilight
BUT now, I am getting information from all my sensors :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip with antenna!
I found this little kit, for 2$ worth to try

Please help me with the steps you followed to have RF bridge with updated Pilight.
I tried the ones from here but I’m getting below error:

…OpenMQTTGateway-development/main/ZgatewayPilight.ino:36:24: fatal error: ESPiLight.h: No such file or directory

Thank you

Use the latest development branch.
Then follow the instructions from marekorok to compile the code… I used Visual Studio with PlatformIO, That worked fine for me!

1 Like

Done and is working now.
Thank you

1 Like

is it possible to read data from dg-r8h on esp-32 too ?
Edit. it works :smiley:

1 Like

Keep us posted on the results. there is a number of models available on aliexpress
would be interested to get feedback on performance.
Cheers

which ESP-32 are you using to receive RF? I don’t see any models listed on the boards database.

esp32-cam but have to change to receive on gpio2
with this

done :slight_smile:
I got the small one (Ali was fast this time), cut of the pigtail and soldered directly, also with GND found nearby.
First impression that definitely improved sensitivity, at least receiving what haven’t before, will be watching…

2 Likes

Sounds good, thanks for the feedback :slightly_smiling_face:
I think I’ll order this one and compare results with my DIY antenna. Stay tuned.

so it’s been a few months, and I searched a lot but I’m not sure I’m right, so here is some question:
Just to be sure, in order for the Digoo sensor to be found, we need to use the latest Pilight lib in OMG. I believe the latest release 0.9.6 should be enough.
Next, I believe we need to use the plain “rfbridge” env [env:rfbridge] either from source or for the release .bin file. Is the pre-configured env enough?
Regarding the hardware, should we use the hardware mod/ direct for the Digoo R8H or not?

I’ve flashed the “rfbridge”, receive the event in HA but not any RF sensor :confused:

Never mind, it needed the Direct mod, now I can get it to work ! thanks all! OMG FTW!

1 Like