433MHz Lora with cheap sensors-outlets

Can i use 433MHz RF libaries with TTGO or Heltec Lora ESP32? Because RF Receive/send Modules are really crappy…
Same question with an answer : 433MHz Lora with cheap sensors-outlets · Issue #8 · jgromes/RadioLib · GitHub

433 Kit:

Heltec:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SX1278-LoRa-ESP32-0-96-inch-Blue-ESP8266-OLED-Display-Bluetooth-WIFI-Lora-Kit-32-/282594201585

TTGO:

Came from:

Why not using superheterodyne ones :

Because nobody tried to receive 433Mhz cheap sensors-remotes signals with 433MHz Lora module

and Lora modules have good range than these kind of modules.

I dont have ant lora hardware… I wonder 433 Lora can catch any signals.

So as to answer to this question you need to identify the modulation used by your devices and see if the demodulation is supported by the lora module. After this there could be a library to decode these signals with the lora module but I m quite sceptical.
In all the case the 433mhz modules proposed are an easier way.

Not sure if this is the right topic, but I’m also struggling to get SRX882 433Mhz module working with the preferred Wemos TTGO LORA SX1278 ESP32 0.96OLED board. I’m trying to get an RF/BT/LORA gateway in one. I’m wondering if there’s some kind of interrupt conflict or clock speed issue?

• It’s not the SRX882 module (it works fine with same s/w using a ESP32 Dev prod env on a different ESP32 Dev module)
  • I’ve changed the RF_RECEIVER_PIN in CONFIG_RF.h to try pins 13 and 17 (as it looks like 27 is used by the LORA module)
  • I’ve got a simple resistor level shifter to bring the ESP32 GPIO input to 3v3.
  • I’ve put a scope on the RF_RECEIVER_PIN and I get signals when a 433MHz transmitter is operated.
  • Ive commented out everything but the ZgatewayRF and set the prod env to ‘ttgo-lora32-v1’

The STX part works fine, and I can also get BT + RF working on the ESP32 Dev Board, just not BT + RF + LORA on the Wemos TTGO. Any ideas?

I’m an idiot.

After days of checking and generally looking everywhere else, I found the issue - it looks like it was simply a dry lead-free solder joint on the TTGO board for the SRX882 Rx pin. I’m sorry - it was checked with a meter - must just have made a mistake where the probe was touching.

All working brilliantly now.

No problem,

For the community knowledge what is your final configuration in term of pins used?

In the end I chose pin 17 on the TTGO board for the SRX882 Rx signal instead of 27 (which is used by LORA module), and simply reflected that by changing the #define RF_RECEIVER_PIN definition in config_RF.h.

The STX882 Tx signal stayed at the default pin 12.