BLE Inkbrid IBT-4XS refresh value interval

I’ve installed the esp32dev-ble firmware and it received BLE signals :slight_smile:
My Inkbird IBT-4XS worked out of the box. The only thing I noticed is that the values are not updated near real time. I’ve reduced the TimeBtwRead in config_BT.h to 2000ms but it’s still not updated very quickly. The BBQ GO app Inkbird provides updates values (temperatures) realtime. What’s the difference between the OMG and my phone with the app? I someone can help me understand than maybe I can come up with a solution. Thanks in advance!

Okay, after a rebooting the gateway it seems to go smoother. Maybe because of the scan interval in the beginning. I’ve set this to half an hour now.

If you want a refresh closer to real time, I would go to 1ms for the TimeBtwRead, note that you can change it through MQTT also :slight_smile: BLE gateway | OpenMQTTGateway v0.9.16

1 Like

So a summary to get the best realtime performance I did the following:

Topic: home/OpenMQTTGateway/commands/MQTTtoBT/config
Payload: {"white-list":["XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX"]}

Payload: {"interval":1}

Payload: {"onlysensors":true}

All were send with the retain option. Is this correct?

Yes this is correct, you could remove the whitelist if you have other sensors by the way

1 Like

Nice! If I’m correct these message needs to be send when the OMG is rebooted? I could configure this in HA.

If you send it with the retain flag you should be good.

Or you could leverage the development version, it can record the settings to the flash:

1 Like