DIGOO DG-HOSA PIR detector 433MHZ

THe DIGOO DG-HOSA PIR sensor is a compact and well finished PIR sensor.
It is powered by 2 AAA batteries, delivered with the sensor. So as to replace the batteries you will need a thin plate so as to remove the back side.
It has a little power on button on the back side. When you power it the sensor takes some seconds to calibrate itself.
Once is done it sends a 433mhz signal when a presence is detected.

This sensor is compatible with:

• ZgatewayRF
  • ZgatewaySRFB (Sonoff RF Bridge)

The datasheet indicates the following characteristics:

• Detecting Distant 8-12m
  • (Depending on different house situation)
  • Emission Distance >=80m (Open Area )
  • Detect Angle 120°
  • Installation Height Recommend 1.8m-2.2m
  • Operation Temperature -10℃-55℃

Affiliated link

Power consumption fromCurrent Ranger measurements
When sending signal 20mA during around 2s
Sleep current is 20uA continuously

Duration estimation
See the device list 'column “Days of autonomy”

Reception package

Size comparison

Disassembled

Disassembled 2

Disassembled 3

We can see that we have small dips on the top left to change the emitted code.

At final an interesting compact PIR sensor with low power consumption and affordable batteries.

Any practical point of doing so? I played with them and saw code changing but that’s about it…

Also, does anybody know what this sensor emits when batteries run low?
I use OMG RF and RFLink gateways to listen to RF codes.

Want to mention that this sensor is different to SONOFF PIR2 in many ways:

• it’s smaller and less intrusive
  • using a jumper it’s possible to turn the led off completely
  • it goes to sleep for 3 minutes when 4 or more events detected within 3 minutes

I cannot comment on its battery life as I received t only a week ago. It uses AAA instead of AA so I’d expect less time from them but it’s also depends on how many events per day it reports.

I replaced my PIR2 with this one pretty easily and it works as expected.
The reason I bought it was because one of my SONOFFs had started sending false positives after replacing its batteries (or it was just a coincidence?) That became the 4th in total that became defunct during last 2 years so I decided to give another brand a go.

1 Like

I have set up 3 of these, but cannot make sense of the codes. One of them sends out at least 6 different codes, which seem to be determined by distance, and maybe direction. I have asked the manufacturer for specs, but we will see.

Has anyone used Tasmota+Portisch on the Sonoff RF bridge to see if there is more info available? Or determined the algorithm for the codes?

I’m trying to figure out what this sensors provide, here my case, is it the same also for you?

In my case I started with pilight but after a couple of experiment now I use the RF module.

What I receiving for each motion is just this Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 14.32.23
where “value” seams some identification of sensor and all of other just a fixed value.

I see also a lot of message duplication.

On my HA integration I see a switch always off and with the name as value

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 14.40.16

Have you some extra document, HA integration example, links, tips or something that can help me to discover more information or configuration?

Thank for extra help.