Does OMG support esp32-c3 or esp32-s2?

Has anyone successfully flashed OMG on these 2 kinds of boards?

Didn’t test it yet, I have ordered an esp32-c3 so as to test.

Do you see some special use cases for these boards.OMG is using the multi-core architecture of the regular ESP32 and these boards are single core.

Just thought that with the integrated BLE and better specs, the ESP32-C3 might be an alternative to 8266 with BT module.

1 Like

did this get confirmed? i’ve just taken delivery of a c3 and its saying that

Your Unknown Chip board is not supported.

OpenMQTTGateway: Unknown Chip
when i try to flash via the website

I will merge the support for M5Stamp C3 and we will be able to check if the web upload works with it

ok, let me know when this is done (I assume it works via the web installer still?)

also, does selection of any of the hardware on the list of the web installer make any difference with regards to the error of board not supported? I had assumed that the list is merely different compiled firmwares which any could in theory be installed on any hardware and that the check for a supported chipset (a’la error i’m seeing) is before even the firmware is considered?

should i be using the dev branch web installer? (i’ve tried all on there earlier today and same issue).
out of curiosity I tried a few other things esphome, wled, espresence and tasmota and they all recognise it as a esp32-c3 and install fine. is there a way to “force” it to install or something?
tried to use esp flash tool and installed a few c3 related ones manually but they all finish flashing with " is stub and send flash finish" which I can’t seem to find out what that means but it clearly doesn’t work.

I reproduce the issue, the web installer need some adaptation to support C3

1 Like

Should be fixed:

ah cool. thanks! yes I just selected the lolin c3 mini and had an error, but then noticed you had put in a new category of esp32c3 devices, selected the one you mentioned and it pushed the code fine. connected to wifi and it added itself to MQTT/HA.

trouble is, 3 mins later it dropped off of the wifi and it is no longer connecting. weird. Going to reflash it and see whats up

re-flashed with esp32c3-dev-c2-ble and re-set it up and it seems fine. its picked up another tile device fine :slight_smile:

thanks Florian

1 Like