[?](EN+FR) Deport gateway and lightweight MQTT Broker - Gateway déporté et MQTT Broker plus léger

[EN]
Hi,

I first have a question to be sure perfectly understand if OpenMQTTGateway may or not be deported from an operating system (computer, raspberry, other).
To reduce power consumption and relieve the hardware constraint I am looking for a MQTT Gateway that could be centrally placed in my house. Which will then allow all 433MhZ sensors/actuators to reach it easily.

Question : is it possible to install OpenMQTTGateway on a mini arduino mega equipped of an ethernet W5100 shield then connected on a router ?

Then I was looking for a lightweight MQTT Broker to install it in parallel with another project on a unique Raspberry Pi. I found that Moquette is clearly what is reaching more.
The home automation program that already has an embedded Moquette MQTT Broker is Freedomotic.

Question : can you please take Freedomotic in consideration in the integrations with MQTT ?

Sincerely thank you. Have a nice day.

[FR]
Bonjour,

j’ai d’abord une question pour être certain de comprendre parfaitement si OpenMQTTGateway peut ou non être déporté d’un système d’exploitation (ordinateur, raspberry, autre). Pour réduire la consommation électrique et alléger la contrainte hardware je recherche un gateway qui peut être placé de manière centrale dans ma maison. Ce qui va alors permettre à tous les senseurs/acteurs 433 MhZ de le joindre aisément.

Question : est-il possible d’installer OpenMQTTGateway sur un mini arduino mega équipé d’une carte ethernet W5100 alors lui-même simplement connecté sur un routeur ?

Ensuite, je cherchais un MQTT Broker allégé pour l’installer en parallèle avec un autre projet sur un Raspberry Pi unique. J’ai trouvé que Moquette est clairement ce qui s’y rapproche le plus.
Le programme domotique qui intègre déjà Moquette MQTT Broker est Freedomotic.

Question : pouvez-vous s’il vous plaît prendre Freedomotic en considération dans les intégrations avec MQTT ?

D’avance merci et je vous souhaite une excellente journée.

Yes it is possible and currently working in my own production setup.

This is the first time I heard about freedomotic, just for my curiosity why not using Home assistant or OpenHAB or even jeedom?

And Bonjour :wink:

Hi,

Why freedomotic and not the others.
As explained because it has a lightweight embedded MQTT Broker called Moquette.

I said it must run in parallel of another program on a unique raspberry pi. This program is Kalliope a vocal assistant

Then it need a light MQTT Broker. And the only one Home assistant that use Moquette is Freedomotic.

Sincerely thanks to take it un considération by evaluating the pairing with openmqttgateway.

Miguipda

Hi,

can you point me to some documentation about the MQTT convention used by freedomotic?

Hi,

when you talk about convention what are you precisely talking about ?

The name of the topics, the format of payloads, the architecture of topics.
As MQTT can enable some freedom in the message design the consequency is that there is no common “convention” nor taxonomy on describing things.