ESP32 - build on platform.io?

Has anyone got a platformio.ini file for this project?
If possible, I’d like to use VSCode and platform.io build environment…

ok, I’ve given this a go.
One big problem with platform.io and .ino files is that the pre-processing does not work the same as arduino, and so because there are no function prototypes, there are a lot of compile errors. Google is not a great help; the advice being 'convert to c/cpp files manually.
s

Not in my side, what do you think platform.io can bring?

In theory, it installs all of the development environment and required libraries automagically, and works easily with vscode as a dev environment (my env of choice, for the moment).
I’m not so sure that it does do all that is claimed now :). And also I may find even when built, that library/sdk version management is a big issue (since this project seems to like certain commits of certain stuff at the moment).
I think it would build correctly IF I added function prototypes; but probably better if I resurrect the arduino env for contributing to this project; unless you have a long term plan to move from .ino to .cpp files…
br,
s

Yes it’s in the plan but as you said long term. The first step is currently to factorize publishing function, the work is in progress here, I m adding json support also (XtoMQTT is done MQTTtoX is in progress).
Once these items are done we can work on a kind of OMGateway library.