ESP32 WifiManager

Hi,

I saw that with the ESP8266 you have the option to use the WifiManager.

Currently this is not available for the ESP32.
Is this technically not possible? Are there plans to enable the WifiManager for the ESP32 too?

Thanks!

Hi,

It is freshly available with esp32 on the beta (you can take the development branch).

1 Like

Could you add the mac path to the docs? I think this will help users in future.

/Users/user/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp32/hardware/esp32/1.0.2/

Thanks

EDIT:

I get the following error when I want to compile the dev branch (did not have this with master):

Multiple libraries were found for "PubSubClient.h"
OpenMQTTGateway:113:19: error: FS.h: No such file or directory
 Used: /Users/h4nc/Documents/Arduino/libraries/pubsubclient
compilation terminated.
 Not used: /Users/h4nc/Documents/Arduino/libraries/PubSubClient-2.6.09
Multiple libraries were found for "ArduinoJson.h"
 Used: /Users/h4nc/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ArduinoJson
 Not used: /Users/h4nc/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ArduinoJson-5.11.2
exit status 1
FS.h: No such file or directory

can you point me in the right direction?

Yes you should remove your existing libraries and copy the ones from the lib folder of OMG.
Regarding esp32 it is detailled in the wiki.
Don’t forget to remove the BLE folder.

Yes I got that and I deleted that folder refarding the docs.

But maybe for mac users it would be nice to add the information where they find that folder, because currently it is only explained for win users.

Anyway I deleted that folder, but I still get this error above.

You can update the wiki, you just need a github account if you want to update the page.

Could you precise the arduino esp32 board version you are using ? From the arduino ide.

Done. Hope it’s ok like that.

ESP32 DEV Module

Was able to compile and upload now.

I don’t know why it worked with the master, but I didn’t delete the BLE folder correctly.
And additionally I had to libraries is my library folder that had to be removed (ArduinoJson-5.11.2 and PubSubClient-2.6.09).

After that I was able to compile it.

Wifi Manager works know and really looks great. I know that one from tasmota. But I like that it envolved (e.g you are able to delete the Wifi setting, this is handy if you give away the device).

Thanks! Great projekt!

Glad to hear that it works !

After configuring the wifi settings I expected something like the tasmota webinterface.

This would be nice to be able to restart, reset, console, ota etc.

Are you planning to implement this is future?

I got compilation errors on this one trying to build for ESP32. Then I have read on several places that I should take the files in the lib folder. That folder seems empty to me? Can someone point me in the correct direction?

If you use platformio it will download the good libraries for you.

With arduino ide you can have the libraries versions from the platformio.ini but it is not the easiest method.

If you are looking for the good BLE ones here is the link:
https://github.com/eos1d3/ESP32_BLE#9d6c1ed

Thanks, I installed platformio and run it in code. I got this error:
C:/Users/Micke/Downloads/OpenMQTTGateway-0.9.2/OpenMQTTGateway-0.9.2/main/ZgatewayRF2.ino:40:34: fatal error: NewRemoteTransmitter.h: No such file or directory

Try to build it again. Sometimes libraries get installed at the first try and it works at the second try

Thanks for your reply.
Tried that. Did not help.

Hello,

Could you post the platformio env you are using on a separate thread?