Gateways with display

Hello there,
I’m new to OMG but have some background with ESP32, Tasmota, LoRa, Zigbee and MQTT so it has been easy to compile for old ttgo lora board adding BLE (found strange has these boards have not ble activated in OMG since the chip is able to)
Anyway everything is so simple with visual code + platform.io that it took me 5 minutes to do that so I got a nice OMG BLE + LoRa.

I think I got an answer to my question but worth aslink.
GW boards with display such as ttgo with OLED are not integrated correct? If so is there any plan or not?
Thanks

Bonjour Charles,

They are not integrated, and I have no plan to do so in the next month.
I can help if you are interested in a PR.

OMG support M5Stack displays (M5StickC, M5StickCP, M5Stack core) with a logo and warnings display for info.

Salut Florian,

Thanks, just wanted to be sure. Sure I could, but to be honest, I’ve so much things in the pipe that I need to avoid to burn my brain, but I’m sure you know that as I :slight_smile:
I digged into the m5 code to see and discovered is was not a oled one likes on ttgo, may be faster to buy a m5 board on my side :slight_smile:

BTW, I tested on heltec board, LoRa is same pinout than ttgo (lucky we are) I started to add this in config_LORA.h include until I discovered it’s the same.

Anyway just to go fast if you’re interested (sorry I could PR but I’m tired, got too much time spend trying to have my repos synced from master each time I fork for just a little change)

Here are the platformio.ini addition for heltec board (also added BLE but I let you remove this to be compliant with existing code) :slight_smile:

default_envs = heltec_wifi_lora_32

[env:heltec_wifi_lora_32]
# See products version pinout differences here (also for ttgo)
# https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/t/big-esp32-sx127x-topic-part-3/18436
platform = ${com.esp32_platform}
board = heltec_wifi_lora_32

lib_deps =
  ${com-esp.lib_deps}
  ${libraries.ble}
  ${libraries.lora}
build_flags =
  ${com-esp.build_flags}
  '-DZgatewayLORA="LORA"'
  '-DZgatewayBT="BT"'
  '-DGateway_Name="OpenMQTTGateway_ESP32_BLE_LORA"'