Hello, when will presence detection be available on this platform?

hello when will presence detection be on this platform because it could be very interesting for those who have rpi

Could you elaborate what you understand by presence detection?

For me personally with the controller I am using, and many others with other controllers, it is enough for OpenMQTTGateway to publish the messages with the devices’ id MAC address, then to set a time-out for desired ids in the controller after which they will get marked as away, or as present if new messages keep coming in within that time-out.

For Home Assistant users there is even an auto-discovery feature included in OpenMQTTGAteway for the HA specific Presence Detection, for devices which are suitable for carry on a person like Mi Band, Tile, Nut … also with the additional presenceawaytimer key from OpenMQTTGateway.

If you are talking about implementing such a Presence Detection feature directly into OMG, I don’t think that is high on the priority list at all, as such features are really best to be delegated to any kind of controller, much the same as any other kind of automation, like light scenes, motion and contact detection automations etc.

Is that what you meant?

forgive me, we are in the theeng gateway section and not in the OMG gateway section?
I’m on a raspberry and on esp 32

Forgive me, I still need to get used to the new sections differentiating OpenMQTTGateway and Theengs Gateway :wink:

But looking at the Theengs Gateway options

there seem to be the same HASS_DISCOVERY and PUBLISH_PRESENCE options as with OpenMQTTGateway, so I am still unsure of what you mean by

when will presence detection be on this platform

you’re welcome, I might have made a mistake on the other hand, I can’t find the right wording for the command line for my raspberry, on the other hand on home assistant it’s active and I have no trace of the presence

Could it then possibly be a case of a mismatched PRESENCE_TOPIC?

Not using HA myself I couldn’t really tell, can you see any presence messages with MQTTExplorer?

are all required options active in the HA Theengs Gateway settings, HASS_DISCOVERY and PUBLISH_PRESENCE, and some possibly other required ones?

Other than that someone with more experience with Theengs Gateway and Presence discovery will need to chip in, as I’m sure I have seen it working nicely for other users before.

Might be an idea to change the title from when to how to enable.

BTW For which device are you expecting presence discovery?

my command line
python -m TheengsGateway -H “192.168.1.136” -u “titof” -p “Cloe2010.” -pt “home/octoGateway” -tb 55 -prt “presenceocto”
there may be an error in my command line

yes are all required options active in the HA Theengs Gateway settings, HASS_DISCOVERY and PUBLISH_PRESENCE, and some possibly other required ones?

Shouldn’t this be

-prt “presence”

to be correctly recognised by HA?

Shouldn’t this be

-prt “presence”

to be correctly recognised by HA?

Are you not going to get into conflict with the one on home assistant?

I assumed that is what you wanted. But if not, then a custom topic should be fine, but then I am not sure what you are expecting to be honest.

Could you run

python -m TheengsGateway.diagnose

to see what all your Gateway settings are, the default ones combined with your custom command line start up definitions.

I think it’s not activated correctly

Looks like

“presence” : 0,

for

-pr PUBLISH_PRESENCE, --presence PUBLISH_PRESENCE
                        Enable (1) or disable (0) publishing presence messages

so adding -pr 1 to your start up command should do the trick.

unfortunately it doesn’t change anything

Does it also show as activated in your

HA Gateway settings?

tadgdet

And is it room presence, which use the presence topic, available in OpenMQTTGateway and Theengs Gateway, or global presence Away/Home which is only in OMG?