Inkbird HA Integration Values

No worries. There is a little scroll bar at the right side of the history list, but don’t spend too much time on it.

That one screenshot with1319.7ºC and 2407.46ºF was actually very good, as it showed us that when this happens the two, far too high, temperatures for both probes, are exactly the same in these instances, whereas your last screenshot and even the previous small history glimps always showed slightly different temperatures for temp1 and temp2 ( e.g. 69.0ºC/71.4ºC)

It doesn’t solve the issue at hand just yet, a debug build will still be the best way forward to fully solve this, with additional manufacturerdata information for the occurrences, but that jump affecting both temperatures the very same is already helpful.

I’m also seeing that you have one of the xBBQ models, which was only recently added to the decoder. @monkeypr00f, is it the same for you, an xBBQ not iBBQ?

If I remember correctly these take AAA batteries instead of having a rechargeable built in battery, or is it the other way round?

Correct, it is not rechargeable. got the history figured out :slight_smile:

Hi again @PapaLanc, with the just released version 0.9.14 of OpenMQTTGateway there is a new prebuilt binary esp32dev-ble-datatest included which logs additional data to help our investigation.

Could you install esp32dev-ble-datatest and monitor your IBT-2XS in MQTT Explorer again, with these two changes please:

• For the Value field display, could you change from the previously active default difference view showing the red/green changed values to the plain RAW/formatted JSON view?

• When you go through the history and you come across entries with the unexpectedly high temperatures, instead of taking a screenshot, where you would probably need two to get in all the scrollable information anyway, could you just copy it into the clipboard with the button next to the Value heading?

Then just paste it into a message here.

It would be great if you could maybe get 2-4 of these irregular high temperature messages.

Thanks

1 Like

First of all thank you for the support, i was abroad for a couple of weeks and couldn’t help a lot.
Btw, yes i have the xBBQ model, the one with two removable batteries and just uploaded the dataset bin. In my previous test it needed a while since starting to get strange values, so cross the fingers…i just put the probe inside a boiling water pot :wink:

2 Likes

Ok, maybe this test wasn’t good to get enough data to reproduce the issue. Tomorrow i’ll try inside the bbq for more than 5 hours.

It would be great if we could get data from both of you @PapaLanc and @monkeypr00f, to make sure that it’s the same cause for both.

Whenever you get to the BBQ pit going please have MQTT Explorer running :wink:

In the meantime it would also be good to have a few correct temperature readings from both of you with the above copy/past from MQTT Explorer, as comparable values.

Thanks

can you export the logs from mqttexplorer?

Not that I’m aware off in version 0.3.5, but please also be aware that whenever you come across a high temperature entry it can also be copied to the clipboard with the button within the entry.

2-4 readings from both of you should be more than enough and additionally one with a normal temperature reading.

Also if you click on the chart icon next to your temperatures, to add a chart, it should make it easier to spot the rogue high temps, instead of having to click you way through the history one by one.

Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 13.10.50

Hope this helps.

I am having a hard time with 914
I moved it to my office and had a tough time reconfiguring wifi for some reason.
But now it shows in my router and I can ping it. If I disconnect ping fails so I am sure it is on the network

but HA still shows 913 and offline
do I need to delete the old opnemqttgateway in Ha?

Thanks,
Grey

Hi @PapaLanc, I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with the 0.9.14 binary, the esp32dev-ble-datatest environment version is just an updated esp32dev-ble, which I assume you had previously installed from your screenshots above. Even the Gateway_Name has been left identical ,therefore I assumed it would just show up with the same alredy implemented HA discovery. But not using HA myself this will better be answered by @1technophile or someone else with better HA knowledge.

Does the 0.9.14 gateway show up for you in MQTT Explorer though, which would indicate a correct MQTT functionality of the gateway, in addition to your successful pings?

No, I reinstalled and added a T to the name so it would be unique

Did you build it yourself with platformio and changed the name there, or installed the prebuilt binary and changed the Gateway_Name via MQTTtoSYS/config command?

And just to clarify, previously you used the esp32dev-ble environment on a ESP32 dev unit, the same as you are trying with the esp32dev-ble-datatest now?

It not showing up :frowning: could also be an issue with the MQTT broker parameters entered at the setup stage, as you mnetioned you already had problems reconfiguring wifi.

Aw I am an idiot
reinstalled 3 times and never set the ip of mqtt from 17 to 50

Happens to all of us sometimes :wink:

If you now follow my suggestions above and also activate the chart for one of the temperatures it should be easy to catch some rogue temp cases and copy and paste them here.

I can already see the additional manufacturerdata in your screenshot which we are interested in for the high temp cases.

Thanks

it stopped publishing for some reason i powered of the esp32 and it started back
now trying to follow instructions

Is this what you wanted?

{“id”:“72:76:00:00:11:4A”,“mac_type”:0,“name”:“xBBQ”,“manufacturerdata”:“020000004a11000076728f068f06”,“rssi”:-55,“txpower”:0,“brand”:“Inkbird”,“model”:“iBBQ”,“model_id”:“IBT-2X”,“tempc”:167.9,“tempf”:334.22,“tempc2”:167.9,“tempf2”:334.22}

{“id”:“72:76:00:00:11:4A”,“mac_type”:0,“name”:“xBBQ”,“manufacturerdata”:“010000004a11000076724c014f01”,“rssi”:-58,“txpower”:0,“brand”:“Inkbird”,“model”:“iBBQ”,“model_id”:“IBT-2X”,“tempc”:33.2,“tempf”:91.76,“tempc2”:33.5,“tempf2”:92.3}

{“id”:“72:76:00:00:11:4A”,“mac_type”:0,“name”:“xBBQ”,“manufacturerdata”:“020000004a110000767227072707”,“rssi”:-59,“txpower”:0,“brand”:“Inkbird”,“model”:“iBBQ”,“model_id”:“IBT-2X”,“tempc”:183.1,“tempf”:361.58,“tempc2”:183.1,“tempf2”:361.58}

2 Likes

Perfect!! Thanks a lot @PapaLanc

This very clearly shows where the issue is and how we can easily amend the decoder to avoid that these rogue high temperatures are being carried over into being published by MQTT.

I’ll create a fix right now, but we possibly want to wait a bit to see if @monkeypr00f shows the same underlying issue before we will merge this into the release.

1 Like

@DigiH
Okay thanks,
If you need anything else from me, just holler!
Grey

1 Like

The do progressively go up.
I am taking my Cornish hen out of the freezer tonight.
Hope to smoke it Wednesday :slight_smile:

Here you find the latest 3 out of range results and the whole chart. Unfortunately i discovered that history didn’t catch all the results but there is a maximum buffer of results it can save :expressionless:

BTW i’ll use the probe for another 7/8 hours, i’ll post another sample later.

{"id":"D3:D4:00:00:01:F3","mac_type":0,"name":"xBBQ","manufacturerdata":"02000000f3010000d4d3240c240c","rssi":-73,"txpower":0,"brand":"Inkbird","model":"iBBQ","model_id":"IBT-2X","tempc":310.8,"tempf":591.44,"tempc2":310.8,"tempf2":591.44}
{"id":"D3:D4:00:00:01:F3","mac_type":0,"name":"xBBQ","manufacturerdata":"02000000f3010000d4d32c0d2c0d","rssi":-72,"txpower":0,"brand":"Inkbird","model":"iBBQ","model_id":"IBT-2X","tempc":337.2,"tempf":638.96,"tempc2":337.2,"tempf2":638.96}
{"id":"D3:D4:00:00:01:F3","mac_type":0,"name":"xBBQ","manufacturerdata":"02000000f3010000d4d3da0dda0d","rssi":-67,"txpower":0,"brand":"Inkbird","model":"iBBQ","model_id":"IBT-2X","tempc":354.6,"tempf":670.28,"tempc2":354.6,"tempf2":670.28}

1 Like