Issue with TheengsGateway Configuration on Raspberry Pi

Hello everyone,

I have a yellow box and two Raspberry Pis. All devices are running TheengsGateway: Yellow box version 1.11.0, and Raspberry Pis version snap 1.4.0

On the yellow box, it works as I want: the Mi Flora sensors are queried every 6 hours for 120 seconds.

However, on the Raspberry Pis, it doesn’t work properly as they are queried every 120 seconds. What could be the reason for this? I have changed the Raspberry Pi configuration with the following commands, and these are also written in the snap config:

sudo snap set theengs-gateway ble.time-between=21600 &&
sudo snap set theengs-gateway private.ble.time-between=21600 &&
sudo snap set theengs-gateway ble.scan-duration=120 &&
sudo snap set theengs-gateway private.ble.scan-duration=120

Can someone tell me exactly what the issue might be?

Welcome @Robse

While admittedly I do not have any experience with the snap version and therefore will have to leave that for someone else to answer, why do you only want to scan the Mi Flora sensors every 6 hours, and then for a long 120 seconds?

All Mi Floras are only passively scanned, so they do send out their advertising data anyway, no matter if these are being picked up or not, and usually this advertising data is being broadcast at least every second or so, So only ‘passively’ scanning them every 6 hours does not have any advantage on battery life, if that is what you might have thought, and a much shorter scanning time should also be sufficient.

That said, Theengs Gateway only allows ofr passive scanning as an experimental feature :wink: so yes, active scanning might have a small effect on the battery life of the sensors.