KaKu(433 mhz) light-switch via NodeMCU no inbound signal

Hello,

I’m new to OMG and MQTT, and looking for some help.

My goal is to switch on/off my KaKu (“klikaanklikuit”) lights. I have Domoticz running on a Rpi (mostly with z-wave) devices.

I bought the following hardware:
-NodeMCUv3
-SRX882/STX882

As a docker container I installed mosquitto https://hub.docker.com/_/eclipse-mosquitto on my proxmox host.

I flashed the NodeMCU with this .bin file:
nodemcuv2-rf2-firmware.bin —> https://github.com/1technophile/OpenMQTTGateway/releases/download/v0.9.5/nodemcuv2-rf2-firmware.bin

• Is that correct? I see a lot of files and a’m not sure if I have the right one.

I also installed MQTT-explorer on my windows machine. When I connect to mosquitto I see the OpenMQTTGateway but no data inbound when I press a button on the KiKa-remote.

• How can I troubleshoot the mosquitto - NodeMCU connection?

• I read about changing the config_RF.h, but how/where? I guess it is on the NodeMCU, but I only have a .bin file.

“If the gateway works only when serial monitor is connected don’t use D3 use D2 instead (gpio 4) and modify config_RF.h accordingly.”

• What is a serial monitor?

I hope somebody can help me.

Robin

Hello,

Yes for KAKU, this is the right one.

You may connect a serial monitor to the NodeMCU, as a first step you can do it with Arduino IDE

With Arduino IDE, if you follow the instructions you will be able to modify the files.

A serial monitor enables to read or write serial data, OMG produce serial data for debugging purposes. With a serial monitor provided by the Arduino IDE, PlatformIO or Putty you will be able to diagnose issues with your setup.

Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful.
I can now change the configuration in config_RF.h (and User_config.h)

In the serial monitor I can see the uptime messages, but nothing incomming when I press the KaKu remote.
There are multiple posts about problems with the SRX882 on this forum.

It looks like GPIO5 (pin1) is the best to use. Is that correct?
Some people talk about 5V to the SRX882 but I think there is only 3V on the ESP8266

Has anybody succeded in receiving KaKu signals with a SRX882 connected to an ESP8226?

Robin