Logitech Ultimate Ears (UE) Boom 2 battery level being advertised

Hi all,

I have two Boom 2 in my bathroom, and with them being IPX7 I like to listen to them when having a shower or a bath, but get really annoyed when in the middle of it the battery runs out and they turn off. I never manage to check the battery level in the UE app, so it always catches me :wink:

While browsing github I came across

which shows the gatttool command to connect and get the battery levels for the Boom 2. Comparing this to the already advertised manufacturerdata I found that the battery level is already there, without having to connect.

"030000793e00ā€¦

Positions 9,10 show the hex value of the battery level, and even better than the UE app itself, which does very generous rounding.

Now I just grab that substring and do a hex-decimal conversion in openHAB and have my battery levels regularly monitored, with an alarm when they fall below a critical threshold.

No more music dying on me in the bath :grinning:

Just thought Iā€™d mention it here, as there might be other Ultimate Ears bluetooth speaker users who could be interested in this.

1 Like

Nice use case, we could also integrate it into the code, do you mind sharing a link to your model?

Added a link to all the current different models on their web site.

I would assume other models of their speakers advertise the battery level in a similar/same way, which some other users maybe can confirm here.

1 Like