MQTT Connection loop

Hi guys!

I’m spinning my head arround using NodeMCU V3 with openmqttgateway. I checked and rechecked my configuration and tried DHCP, disabling passwords on mosquitto, connecting nothing except noceMCU and can’t get pass a loop where it connects to the Wifi and then appears the following:
MQTT connection…
failed, rc=

Sometimes it appears to connect succefully (“Connected to broker Subscription OK to the subjects”) but than again it starts on the above loop.

Any idea? I activated RF only.

Full:
MQTT connection…
Connected to broker
Subscription OK to the subjects
Uptime (s)
Remaining memory
RSSI
SSID
Leal
Activated modules
RF
MQTT connection…
failed, rc=
try again in 5s

Is it the only client with “OpenMQTTGateway” as the gateway name that you are using?
If it is not the case you should change the name of the gateway.

Hi!
Yes, it’s the only device I have (it’s the first one). I also tried to change the name before with the same results.
I’ve deleted all the libraries in my arduino IDE folder and copied only the ones in the zip file.
I also checked my mosquitto log and it says something like gateway connected and then “a device is reconnecting. it already has a session. ending last session and opening new one. connected” also in a loop.

Hi,

did you try to update your broker to the latest version?

Could you post the result of the build from the arduino IDE?

mosquitto version 1.5.5 ; MQTT v3.1.1 broker.

You mean the messages on the botton after flashing?

Sketch uses 465096 bytes (44%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1044464 bytes.
Global variables use 35548 bytes (43%) of dynamic memory, leaving 46372 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.
Uploading 469248 bytes from C:\Users\NUNOLE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_791023/OpenMQTTGateway.ino.bin to flash at 0x00000000
................................................................................ [ 17% ]
................................................................................ [ 34% ]
................................................................................ [ 52% ]
................................................................................ [ 69% ]
................................................................................ [ 87% ]
...........................................................                      [ 100%

Could you indicate what is the version of ESP8266 board you are using (from arduino IDE, tools->boards->boards manager)

Secondly if you check on your borker log could you post what you are seeing?