MQTT integration with home assistant creates many switches

I have OMG setup on a NodeMCU with the cheap transmitter and receiver. It seems when placed close to my wifi router, it is overtriggering and seems to think it is receiving a lot of data. (not related to OMG, I have seen this behaviour before).

Interesting thing is that Home Assistant creates entities for every code transmitted by OMG over mqtt, with this result:

Is there a way to adjust the MQTT settings on OMG to prevent this behaviour? (other than disabling discovery)

Thanks!

3 Likes

No one else?

My HomeAssistant has more than five thousand “RF Switches” in just two days on.

1 Like

Yep, same for me. It’s really annoying:( Besides of that, you can’t remove those switches until you don’t remove the whole device integration. The only solution is to disable mqtt auto discovery, but i don’t like it. Have you found the solution for the problem already?

1 Like

On the future v0.9.6 you will be able to deactivate autodiscovery with a switch. You could let it ON at start and deactivate it after. When you have a new equipment you just put it ON so as to discover it.

1 Like

Hy Florian,
any predictions for the release of version 0.9.6 or another alternative to fix this?
Thanks.

Hi,

Yes v0.9.6 should be out in March

Hi,

A v0.9.6beta is available for test