OMG support for LilyGo TTGO T-Beam v1.1 or v1.2

OMG support for LilyGo TTGO T-Beam v1.1 or v1.2

I purchased a LilyGo T-Beam v1.2. It came with Meshtastic installed. The 433, 868, 915, and 923 MHz T-Beams v1.1 and v1.2 have a ESP32 for Wifi & Bluetooth, a NEO-6M GPS, a 18650 battery holder, and a Semtech SX1276 LoRa Transceiver. The difference between the T-Beam v1.1 and v1.2 is the programmable power supply. The PMU is a AXP192 for v1.1 and a AXP1201 for v1.2.

I tired to install OpenMQTTGateway on my T-Beam v1.2 by selecting the ttgo-t-beam environment, but it doesn’t work. I believe the PMU is the reason why the ttgo-t-beam enviroment doesn’t work on my T-Beam v1.2 device. The AXP devices need to be configured in code to enable power and the correct voltages to elements on the board. The LilyGo LoRa Series github page refers to the T-Beam v1.1 and v1.2 devices as LILYGO_TBeam_V1_X.

Has anyone tried to support these newer T-Beam devices in OMG?

Would be interesting to have a serial monitor extract to identify where it is not working.

It looks like LoRa and BT are working from environments.ini.

But from MQTT Explorer
ADCtoMQTT = {“adc”:0,“volt”:0}
that’s why I believe the AXP2101 (not AXP1201 as I mistyped before) PMU isn’t enabled for the T-Beam v1.2.

I was hoping for OMG support for the onboard ssd1306, GPS and an example rtl_433 configuration for the T-Beams. Would be nice of someone could add it.

I am working on the same board right now. I am quite sure the problem is from the PMU. I need to do more tests to confirm this.