OpenMQTTGateway v0.9.5 is OUT

Plenty of new stuff for this v0.9.5, I hope you will enjoy it,
A big thank you to @jmw6773 & @Legion2 for their numerous contributions!

–Here is the content–
New devices:

New boards:

New features:

Aside from the code:

• A new way to retrieve the compatible devices, boards and parts, through a website

Under the hood:

Breaking:

Deprecate - items that will be removed on the next release:

5 Likes

Thank you for this new release :clap: :clap::clap:

Just one doubt, is there any way to update OTA? Or just reflash and reconfigure?

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @mixpc, I have updated all three of my OMGs (BLE, IR and RF) over OTA with the latest 0.9.5 release over the previously available 0.9.5-beta with platformio, as referenced here

https://docs.openmqttgateway.com/upload/pio.html#ota

Hope this helps and gets you started with OTA updates as well.

P.S. you might want to set your own ota_password in User_config.h the first time you update/upload, which you can then use in subsequent OTA updates.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback @DigiH I should have mentioned I flash my ESP32 via source code in the ArduinoIDE software platform (Debian) as I had to make some minor tweaks to the BLE code (pin numbering). So PIO might not be an option for me if after upload pin numbering will get back to default so so no input signals detected. I will have to think about it.

Thank you once more.

Wouldn’t it also be possible to make the same source code changes in platformio, as the whole source code is avaialbe there as well for adjustments before building and uploading?!?

Never used the ArduinoIDE myself for ESP8266/ESP32, so not 100% sure, but can’t imagine that there might be source code changes possbile there which are not possible in platformio.

All the best.