Receiver issues, MX-RM-5V and RXB6

I have just discovered openmqttgateway and I am amazed how good it is but i’m having a bit of a problem getting my rf receiver working.

I have some rf sockets and found the codes by using the rpi-rf code on my raspberry pi. I am able to receive & transmit codes using a RXB6 and a HTX-1. Great !

I then installed openmqttgateway on a NodeMCU and that’s where the problems start.
I can transmit ok, however I cant receive anything through my RXB6. I tried sawpping out the transmitter to a weaker MX-RM-5V and it works fine.

I know there is nothing wrong with my circuit as I have built it on veroboard to remove the possibility of bad connection. The RXB6 works ok with my raspberry pi so the receiver is ok. I just cant get the more powerful receiver working on my PCB.

Im powering my PCB from my PC and have a stable 5V going to it. Im powering the receiver from 5V and using a voltage divider dropping the signal voltage down to 3v.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Roy.

Hello,

Did you try several pins on your nodemcu like D1 or D2 ?
Don’t forget to modify config_RF.h

Yes I tried different pins & adjusting my code. I can literally unplug one receiver and plug in the other. The weaker MX-RM-5V works ok but the more powerful RXB6 does nothing.:thinking:

Thanks
Roy

Do you have several rxb6 to test it seems that there is a lot of defectives ones ?
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=565638.0

My advise is to go to srx882 if you don’t find the problem.

Unfortunatly I only have the one RXB6 module but I know it works as i’m able to receive signals ok using the rpi-rf code on my raspberry pi. Its just when I attach it to my NodeMCU that it stops receiving

could you post a photo of your setup please to check the wiring?

@RDickens
Did you find any solution?

I have the exact same issue.
On a Raspberry Pi with rpi-rf both my RXB6 and a cheap XD-RF-5V are working fine.
On my Wemos D1 mini (a ESP8266 board) the XD-RF-5V is working but the RXB6 is not.

Nevermind. It works with the RXB6 connected to pin4 (D2).

I thought testing another pin was of no use because the XD-RF-5V was working fine on pin0 (D3) so obviously it could not be a problem with the pin… well… it was :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like