RF emiter & IR emmiter not working

Thanks for your share ! I’m not good at the Circuit diagram . According to my understanding,

Am I missing something? It doesn’t work

Hi,
Scheme looks good. Please check GPIO PIN used first, than look on your mobile phone with camera on to see if you have white light when send signal. Are you using MQTT GW?

If you are using MQTT open GW please check following:

1. In file User_config.h check if you decomment this line: #define ZgatewayIR “IR”

2. Check wiring (used GPIO PIN) and setup in file
    config_IR.ino:
    #ifdef ESP8266
    #define IR_RECEIVER_PIN 2
    #define IR_EMITTER_PIN 16

3. Check if libs you import to ardino ide are ok.

4. Check MQTT topic is ok (User_config.h)

Kind regards,

Milan

Yes I had a working IR with OMG and now I replaced with the new broad, but it doesn’t work. The range of the your new broad is good?

Yes, try to measure to see if everything is ok

I am on vocation currently, I could send you more photos next week if you dont find solution.

I flash a new nodemcu with Omg, and connect to the board, it’s working!
But change the Previous one it doesn’t work.
If you can share more photos that’s pretty good!

Nice to hear that your IR360View driver is working! Will be nice if OMG future realeses should be aligned with last IR8266 lib because I found some issues with Panasonic AC decoding in this IR lib version.

I will share photos next week.

That’s working now, but the ir range is poor , about 1m, is there any way to increase it??

You have issue with Transmitter or Receiver?
Please find photo

Are you sure that you power driver with 5V?

Now everything is OK except The infrared emission distance is a bit short, only about 1 meter.
The power is 5V.

How much can your infrared emission distance reach?

Hi,

I didnt perform distance tests so I dont know what is maximum distance but what I know is that distance between my TV and OMG is approx. 2.5m. Also, OMG receive signal from my TV remote on distance approx 3m.

These IR diodes I used for emitter:
5mm 940nm IR Infrared Emitting Round Tube Light diode

http://s.aliexpress.com/zMRru6JB

and this is used for Receiver:
IR Receiver 38 kHz Remote Infrared Radiation Module TSOP4838 DIP-3
http://s.aliexpress.com/URvuqQfM

Please let me know if I could help you with additional information

This is awesome work here guys! RF & IR as of today are such important in home automation. How I wish OMG supported Broadlink RM Pro. Anywho, I will attempt to make something like Milan did and add a RF transmiter and receiver.

@Milan_Pfandler can you tell me if it learns raw code as output by a remote and store it for replay later via MQTT message? for unknown protocols.

OMG is using rc-switch and New remote switch libaries for RF transmission:

https://github.com/1technophile/OpenMQTTGateway/blob/master/lib/NewRemoteSwitch/README.md

You could find there more details about supported RF protocols. For example, my light switches uses EV1527 protocol which is supported by RC-Switch.

These switches I use:
http://s.aliexpress.com/BVZzaaym

Hi everyone,

I made Milan’s 360 setup and it works great. It has a very good range.
Now, I noticed something strange looking trough my phone camera. LED’s are lit all the time. They are very dimmed, but on.
When I publish MQTT command, it works normally. Lokking through cammera, all LED’s flash brighter, and go back to constantly on.
Anyone else expiriencing this? Is this normal behavior?
At first I thought my transistor was blown, and I replaced it, but i get same thing… Then I thought, if it is blown it wouldn’t send the signal, right?. I’m not so good with electronics obviously :slight_smile:

Any thoughts?

You are using arduino or esp8266?

ESP8266 on Nodemcu v3.

Would you please send photo of both sides of your IR setup. How you power IR setup & node mcu?

Here are the photos of my board. Resistors are 47R, 75R and 1K. Transistor is 2n2222. IR diodes are TSHF5410 5mm, Clear, 44°.

I power it with 5V 2A adapter. I power the Nodemcu over Vin, and i power the board directly from charger.

Did you try to remove transistor and check if LEDs light? Also, did you try setup with different resistor (replace 1K with 150ohm).
It is not normal that LED light all time (in my configuration)

Hi Milan,

I replaced 1K with 150 and problem is solved. Works ok.
Thanks.