Seeing duplicated messages

Perhaps my understanding is incorrect so allow me to explain my issue.

I flashed 2 sonoff bridges last night and did a couple of tests to see what happens with the deduplication. One receiver I placed 20ft away and the other was 3ft away. Ultimately my receivers will be wider spread than this but, for now, this was just for testing.

I used a GS-WDS07 as a test sensor and open/closed a few times while monitoring MQTT Client. With topic “house/+/SRFBtoMQTT” I received 2 messages each time I opened and closed the sensor. This also resulted in sending 2 to nodeRED which published 2 as well.

I was under the assumption that this would not happen and only one of the gateways would send a MQTT message. I checked and the time is set to the default 3000ms.

Is there something I am not doing? Am I wrong in my thoughts of how this should work?

As stated in previous posts, I am hoping to have 3-4 gateways throughout my single floor home and use them to improve the range and stability of the 433mhz sensors.

Thank you for your time and help. :slight_smile:

Could you post a screenshot of your mqtt broker view if you subscribe to all OMG messages ?

I can post a screenshot of the MQTT client I use if that will help? MQTT.fx

these are the topics

here is one open and close of the sensor.

I also got this from the log

2019-03-29 19:44:08,834 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() with topic: house/omgrfbridge3/SRFBtoMQTT
2019-03-29 19:44:08,835 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() added: message #58 to topic ‘house/omgrfbridge3/SRFBtoMQTT’
2019-03-29 19:44:08,877 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() with topic: house/omgrfbridge1/SRFBtoMQTT
2019-03-29 19:44:08,877 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() added: message #59 to topic ‘house/omgrfbridge1/SRFBtoMQTT’
2019-03-29 19:44:08,920 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() with topic: house/omgrfbridge2/SRFBtoMQTT
2019-03-29 19:44:08,921 INFO — MqttFX ClientModel : messageArrived() added: message #60 to topic ‘house/omgrfbridge2/SRFBtoMQTT’

thanks for the infos,
could you add the version of omg used?
From this I will try to reproduce

Latest version. Download the code and configured for sonoff.

Reproduced, I have made some improvment on the dev branch, could you test it again please?