Sonoff RF Bridge 433 + Digoo DG-R8H 433MHz

No no… technophile tell us that will update it… so it’s like a promise :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the worst case I will fork it and do the update…

1 Like

Looks like it’s close, magic is happening as we speak :champagne:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the greate news :slight_smile:

But… what happen now please ? I mean What we can do in order to make the R8H work please ?

Thanks again
Denis

Now we wait… work in progress

1 Like

ok, I couldn’t resist and compiled OMG dev with manually applied changes from ESPilight pendig changes queue :slight_smile:
To confirm: yes, it works! I get results from DG-R8H and similar which are using nexus protocol:

N: Subject: /PilighttoMQTT
N: Received json : {"message":{"id":6,"channel":2,"temperature":21.1,"humidity":63,"battery":1},"protocol":"nexus","length":"6","value":"6","repeats":2,"status":2}
N: Received json : {"message":{"id":203,"channel":0,"temperature":14.9,"humidity":73,"battery":0},"protocol":"nexus","length":"203","value":"203","repeats":2,"status":2}
N: Received json : {"message":{"id":6,"channel":2,"temperature":21.0,"humidity":63,"battery":1},"protocol":"nexus","length":"6","value":"6","repeats":2,"status":2}
N: Received json : {"message":{"id":151,"channel":1,"temperature":13.3,"humidity":91,"battery":1},"protocol":"nexus","length":"151","value":"151","repeats":2,"status":2}
N: Subject: /SYStoMQTT
N: Received json : {"uptime":125,"version":"version_tag","freemem":36016,"rssi":-75,"SSID":"removed","ip":"removed","mac":"removed","wifiprt":0,"modules":"PilightHADiscovery"}

We just need to wait for official release…

btw, my Sonoff RF bridge has very poor sensitivity range :frowning:
Maybe because of antennas? I get much better results with classic RX470 receiver and ESP8266

2 Likes

Greate news !!! :slight_smile:

Do you think that I can do all this if I’m just a beginner ?
I mean… if I download the dev sources and I substitute the ESPilight, I can compile all
using PlatformIO and write all in my hardware modified SonOFF RF ?

Thanks a lot for the work
Denis

That’s the question that only you can answer :slight_smile:

All depends on your motivation and attitude, but I would recommend to get familiar first with Visual Studio Code, Platformio, ESP8266 and probably few other things. Try to compile anything and upload to the device, monitor result.

1technophile already did great job and put all the information on OMG docs page, although it’s not for first time beginners.

Here the most difficult will be the hardware hack, as it’s mandatory for ESPilight library to work…

Anyway, good luck!

I already make the hack, and I also program the SonOff RF using Platformio
and my SOnOff RF is work :slight_smile:

If I understand you “construct” e new ESPilight file that include nexus protocol, right ?
What I need is that ESPilight file that you have modified and insert it in
the OMG source in order to compile it and write it in my SonOff.
Is that right ? If yes… can I have it please ?

Thanks again
Denis

Great! Then you are very close, here are the steps:
(disclaimer: I’m not developer either, maybe there is easier way :slight_smile: )

1. At least once compile succesfully with with Pilight, to pull ESPIlight library

2. find on disk OpenMQTTGateway\.pio\libdeps\Sonoff-RFBridge-Pilight\ESPiLight
    (Sonoff-RFBridge-Pilight is the name of my build, from default_envs=)

3. Download 6 files from https://github.com/puuu/ESPiLight/pull/53/files, then:

Replace:

Add:

my Sonoff_env.ini file:

[platformio]
default_envs = Sonoff-RFBridge-Pilight

[env:Sonoff-RFBridge-Pilight]
platform = ${com.esp8266_platform}
board = esp8285
lib_deps =
  ${com-esp.lib_deps}
  ${libraries.esppilight}
  ${libraries.esp8266_mdns}

build_flags =
  ${com-esp.build_flags}
  '-DZgatewayPilight="Pilight"'
  '-DGateway_Name="OMG_SonoffRFBridge_Pilight"'
  '-DRF_RECEIVER_GPIO=4'
  '-DRF_EMITTER_GPIO=5'
  '-DLED_INFO=13'
  '-DLED_INFO_ON=0'
board_build.flash_mode = dout

Then just compile and upload.

Personally I have removed all other protocols from protocol_header.h and protocol_init.h and left nexus only.
Second, seems DG-R8H are not very relliable with parameters and some of them were not visible, so I changed PULSE_TOLERANCE from 100 to 200 in nexus.c to make them work.

Good luck!

Ok… al this with the dev sources or with the official 0.9.5 ?
As soon as I get home I’m try :slight_smile:

Thanka a lot again :slight_smile:

I was playing with dev only, not sure if this work with official 0.9.5

Ok… great
I’ll having fun tonight as soon as arrive :slight_smile:
…and I’ll let you know
Thanks again for all work
Denis

Well… I think that everything that I do, I do it well.
I mean I download all files you linked and put all in this place
I make the env, compiled and write it on the SonOff RF.

Now it’s work for my other 433Mhz remote but I don’t see nothing from R8H.
The unique thing that I see and it’s something new string is this one:

N: Received json : {“message”:{“id”:5,“state”:“off”},“protocol”:“selectremote”,“length”:“5”,“value”:“5”,“repeats”:2,“status”:2}

Do you think that can be from the R8H ?

Thanks again

nope, you should see protocol: nexus

check if perhaps files haven’t been altered during compilation, maybe tweak PULSE_TOLERANCE, for me with 100 I got only one device, with 200 I got all three.

Too far distance? I noticed that Sonoff RF Bridge has very little range at lest for nexus protocol, hardly reaching signal across my flat, while ESP8266 with RX470 have no problems.

1 Like

Ok… I’ll programm it.
There is only 1 mt between the 2 radios.

Also I don’t like any more the SonOff… I’ll make a new ESP8266 (NodeMCU)
with some nice radio… but I still don’t know witch… will be another thread :slight_smile:

Thanks again
Denis

Yes yes yes :-)))))))))))))))))))))

N: Received json : {“message”:{“id”:107,“channel”:0,“temperature”:23.4,“humidity”:75,“battery”:1},“protocol”:“nexus”,“length”:“107”,“value”:“107”,“repeats”:2,“status”:2}

Great man !!!
Thank you so so much :slight_smile:

Now… sorry if I take advantage of your kindness…
Witch RF module is best for this type of work and is nder 10$ please ?
Do you think RFM69HCW is ok ?
Thanks again

1 Like

You see, it wasn’t that hard!

For the transceiver: can’t tell but general advise: whatever you pick make sure you will find strong support, maybe search forums starting from this one :slight_smile:
I’m using probably the most popular, well known and cheap RX470 Superheterodyne 433MHz, cost single $, frequently you can get in par with transmitter still far below 10$

update from developer of ESPiLight:
ESPiLight v0.17.0 is now released and should have working nexus support. The version will soon be available in the Arduino library manager.

2 Likes

Greate news… thanks a lot.
Now I just study the OMG on NodeMCU with some RF module cause the SonOff is not so sensible.
The R8H work only at about 6-8 Mt with a 10 cm Wall between :frowning: