I have a sonoff rf bridge and i need to replace the receive antenna cause i have rf module that the bridge didn’t get the code .
any idea ?
How far is it from the bridge?
10 meter i think… the problem module is like 20 meter from bridge and the bridge is in my warehouse
Could you indicate what brand/model of module we are talking about ?
oh, unfortunately this is one of the more powerfull that I know.
The different possibilities are:
- add another rf bridge in your wifi coverage but closer to the sensor
- move your existing rf bridge, but I think you already think about it
- Modify the RF bridge receiver antenna
- Modifiy the sensor emitter antenna
- FInd a more powerfull door sensor (I haven’t done some db test with my range yet)
this is what i am looking for… can you help me with that ??
OK i have been modified the antenna its now recognize over 50m…
i just remove the left antenna(near the buzzer) and take network wire(1 from the 8 wire) and soldering it to board and its now much longer. the wire is about 60-70 cm long.
You were lucky if you get better performance without having done some math. Indeed the antenna length should be calculated following the wavelength of the frequency.
But if it works I will let it like that
Well the happy was too early.
I managed to improve the absorption slightly but probably not enough because I can’t absorb the module that is farther away.
I’d love to get you the antenna size calculation formula.
here is some reading: