Sonoff RF-Bridge R2 v1

I’m using MQTT Explorer to do that.

The topic is

home/RF-Gateway/commands/MQTTto433

and the content is e.g.

{"value":4277596,"protocol":1,"length":24,"delay":305}

Seems OK, could you post an extract of the serial monitor at start and when you publish this command?

You have to set the serial monitor to 19200 bds

bootup:

{"mqtt_server":"192.168.x.x","mqtt_port":"1883","mqtt_user":"usr","mqtt_pass":"xxxx","mqtt_topic":"home/","gateway_name":"RF-Gateway"}N: RF_EMITTER_GPIO: 5 
N: RF_RECEIVER_GPIO: 4 
N: Setup OpenMQTTGateway end
W: MQTT connection...
N: Connected to broker
N: Subject: /SYStoMQTT
N: Received json : {"uptime":7,"version":"version_tag","freemem":40744,"rssi":-62,"SSID":"ssid","ip":"192.168.y.x","mac":"xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx","wifiprt":0,"modules":"RF"}

sending the command:

N: Received json : {"value":4277596,"protocol":1,"length":24,"delay":305}
N: RF Protocol:1
N: RF Pulse Lgth: 305
N: Bits nb: 24
N: MQTTtoRF OK
N: Subject: /433toMQTT

On the gateway side the code is processing your message correctly.

How do you check if the signal is sent by the rfbridge?

yes, the codes are being sent successfully. i can control my devices.

The problem is the receiving side!

i can’t receive any codes with the bridge.

I give it a known code that switches on a device in my appartement.

And I suppose that the issue is when you take the same remote used for these switches, you press the button and you don’t see the rfbridge receiving the signal?

That’s exactly the case.

Could you send a picture of your wiring?

Here you go

If this can help your troubleshooting, I can confirm that the Leds do function even after the mod. Any 433Mhz signal received will light up the red led.

1 Like

Following @Montreal666 information, do you have other emitters that you could test with?
The goal would be to see first the receiver LED ON.

Thank you, 123qweasd

Florian, i do have another rf-gateway ready for testing. it can send and receive.

is it possible that i removed or edited the firmware of one of the other chips by accident?
i had attached the flasher to the wrong serial port before.

And when you send with this one do you see the red light of the rf bridge blinking ?

No, it doesn’t blink

Well in this case I would check with a multimeter that the connections are good on the sonoff rf bridge as a last try.

I’ve ordered a new device and did the modifications and everything works now. I think i maybe heated the IC too much when i soldered to it.

Thanks for your help and thanks for this piece of software!

1 Like

I might have been a little early on calling success.

With the new device i’m able to receive, but unable to send.

A led lights up when receiving, but no light shows up when sending, and my devices don’t react to known-good codes :frowning:

There is an issue regarding sending with v0.9.7, I’m going to release a new version that corrects this.

i cherry-picked the commit that supposedly fixes it on tob of the 0.9.7 branch but i still cannot send. downgraded to 0.9.6 ang i cannot send.

there must be something else wrong