Sonoff RF Bridge WIFI not coming up

Hi,

I am quite new to this but I have flashed a Sonoff RF Bridge with the ESPeasyflasher with the latest Openmqttgateway bin file. I get a ‘Flash finished’ message but after switching the boardswitch back to ‘on’ I don’t see a new WIFI network coming up (I understand that there should be a new network with SSID openmqttgateway).
Is there something I might have missed?

p.s. the main reason for me to use openmqttgateway is KAKU support.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

If you want the kaku support you should go to another board like esp8266, esp32 or arduino. Indeed with sonoff rf bridge we are limited by the internal RF decoder and OMG will not be able to read or emit KAKU with SONOFF RF BRIDGE. Nevertheless I ve seen some mod to bypass the internal rf controller, it can be a track to follow.

Hi,

That is good to know, I got the assumption that it would work this way but I guess I am wrong. It doesn’t change the fact that I can’t get the ‘openmqttgateway’ WIFI network up and running however.

Thanks for now.

Hi, I did run into the same problem! Did you by any chance resolve it in any way? Thanks!

HI,

Could you point the version used and give more details please?

I have ran into this as well. I downloaded the latest 0.9 release and uploaded using multiple tools. Using a v1.0 board and coming from Tasmota, however, I attempted to erase the flash as well.

maybe @seb could help you on this issue, he succeeded recently on doing this.

Hi All, I’ve recently flashed 3 different firmwares from my Mac. It takes longer to open the sonoff bridge than to flash it (about 10 seconds). I’ve used the esptiool as described in https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/wiki/Upload

The steps are

1. open sonoff
  2. turn off the internal switch
  3. connect the cables
  4. turn on sonoff pressing the reset button
  5. run esptool.py
  6. turn off the internal switch

Just follow that tasmota tutorial , it is for beginners

@seb Can you decode KAKU now or other protocols?

@Puwo https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/wiki/Sonoff-RF-Bridge-433 You can flash 433mhz embedded chip efm8bb1 so you have a chance for KAKU and other protocols.

I didnt tried yet but i will flash efm8bb1 and upload openmqttgateway to ESP

version 0x04 ZIP file was success and it decodes brennenstuhl outlet remote now. (original firmware cant decode)

RF-Bridge-EFM8BB1.zip

how to flash ?
GitHub - arendst/Tasmota: Alternative firmware for ESP8266 with easy configuration using webUI, OTA updates, automation using timers or rules, expandability and entirely local control over MQTT, HTTP, Serial or KNX. Full documentation at You can flash 433mhz embedded chip efm8bb1 so you have a chance for KAKU and other protocols.

1 Like

This is interesting, maybe we could open a different topic to discuss about that.
In particular I would be interested on how the kaku protocol is rendered.

Sorry for the necromancy, but…

Hi,

What fixed this for me was using nodeMCU Pyflasher and Dual Output (DOUT) flash mode.

I found DOUT mentioned in the rfbridge environment config in the git repo

Jeff