SRX882 & Door Sensor SONOFF DW1

Hi!
I just installed STX882 and SRX882 on my ESP32 Nodemcu, uncommented ZgatewayRF and flashed again. Everything seems to be ok, if i publish something to “home/OpenMQTTGateway/commands/MQTTto433” i get it to “home/OpenMQTTGateway/433toMQTT”.
So i guess solution is working fine.
I am trying now to get some signal from SONOFF DW1 door sensor. The sensor turns red when it’s activated but i don’t get any signal to openmqttgateway.
Serial Monitor is not helping, no hints on it.
Any help? Thank you

HI did you checked the troubleshooting section?

Voltages are ok
I tried with an Arduino UNO:

1. connect STX882 to ESP32 (Data Pin to the ESP Pin 12 and of course V5 and GND) and SRX882 to the UNO: this is working: if i publish to “home/OpenMQTTGateway/commands/MQTTto433” i can read the content on the serial monitor of the UNO (upload the rc-switch read sample sketch). I can also read the DW1 door switch sensor signal!

2. connect SRX882 to ESP32 (Data Pin to the ESP Pin 13 and of course V5 and GND) and STX882 to the UNO using rc-switch sample send sketch. This is not working! I Subscribe “home/OpenMQTTGateway/433toMQTT” but there is no data! Also the serial of openmqttgateway is not giving any RF-related message

try maybe pin 27 instead of 13

Working great on pin 27! Thanks!

1 Like

A bit off topic, but what’s the reason some pins work with the rf receiver and some don’t? Whenever I try a new type of esp8266 I go through the pins just by trial and error untill I find a working one

The pin on which the rf receiver is connected is listening continuously, on the arduino language this is call an interrupt pin. Not all the pins have this ability, that’s why they are not all compatible with a receiver (IR or RF)

I thought so too, but last I checked all the gpio can be configured for interrupts in the esp8266 except for 16

the other aspect is the fact that the pin could be already used by another esp component