Battery info of Mi Flora sensors

Hello all,

I recently set up some ESP32 to listen to my Mi Flora plant sensors. Before that, I used

with a Raspberry Pi Zero for this, which worked fine. But as I wanted more receivers for the BLE signal throughout the house and garden, the ESP32 were the cheaper option.

But with OpenMQTTGateway, I do not get the battery information from the plant sensors. I think this is useful for giving a warning when the battery is running low.
I found something about this here, in an old topic of 2018 (Mi flora ESP32 Problem), but from the content, I cannot really tell if the battery info should be available or not, because the battery was not the only problem in this thread.

Should I get battery info with the most recent OMG version?

The sensors do have the most recent firmware according to the Mi Flora app.

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Nadine

No, retrieving battery info of mi flora require OMG to connect to the device. This is not yet supported.

Is the Mi Flora battery status on the horizon any time soon? Not that I am pushing you to look at it right now, you have been more than kind enough to help me out this far.

Battery sensor of miflora has been implemented from v0.9.7 for info

I’m sorry but I’m not getting battery info from any of the 5 pieces of Mi Flora.
I use OMG version 1.4.0
What could be the reason for this.
OMG version 1.4.0 is installed on an esp32 DEV module.
I get: (MQTT Explorer)
tempc
tempf
lux
moi
fer

Hi @helste64,

Can you have a look at what your intervalcnct is set to? You can see it in the BTtoMQTT topic.

The battery for the Mi Floras is retrieved by connection only, in regular intervals defined by intervalcnct, which can be set with

Hope this helps.

After update version v1.6.0 mi flora battery “Unknown”

I suppose you are talking about your pink Mi Flora HHCCJCY10 version, for which we collaborated on creating a decoder, correct?

The decoder hasn’t been touch at all since the initial submission, so it should be working the same as in your final results in the above thread.

Did you possibly update the firmware on the Mi Flora?

Can you double check with MQTT Explorer again, to see what the actual decoded messages look like?

pink Mi Flora is ok but green and white is not showing battery %

The green and white Mi Floras get the battery level through connecting to the devices.

We are looking into it.

I’m getting the battery updates on my Mi FLora:

{"model":"HHCCJCY01HHCC","id":"C4:7C:88:55:66:66","batt":100}

Did you check the connect interval and the sensor distance from the gateway?