GS-WDS07 433Mhz Door sensor with open/close status

I am facing some other problem with the GS-WDS07 433mhz door sensor my default open code is D1810A and Close code is D1810E . Sometimes the door sensor sends random codes

It happens with 433mhz basic protocols. While you received also the good ones you don’t have to worry about that.

no, actually it changing the open and close code randomly and automatically why that happens

Your messages doesnt seems to be OpenMQTTGateway ones. Could you indicate the version used ?

I’ve received another package from Bangood with 5 of these sensors (already have 5 working in Openhab with openmqtt sonoff bridge).

4 of them I could get the open and close signals using mqtt.fx.

But one of them shows me the same code for open and for close position on Mqtt.fx. In The Arduino IDE I can get more signals from it, but cant get the individual codes from open and close via mqtt.
Any tips what could be done?

This is the first time I hear this case, maybe you should return it to banggood.

Hi guys,
came along your intersting discussion (and had to sign up right away to participate) :slight_smile:

Does anybody of you know when the “battery low” signal is send?
Is it send when the battery low level is reached for the first time, or is it only send when an action happens while battery being low?
Also is the battery low message send only once or with some repetition?

I don´t have good equipment to simulate this myself … if anybody has a clue, I´d appreciate your inputs.

Regards - MacSass

I have this question too, as I couldn’t simulate a low battery condition yet.
Would be great to discover the low battery codes from each sensor before the battery goes bad.

Hi,

I don’t recall exactly but low battery signal gets sent each time the sensor turns into open position (not only when the battery drops below threshold). I have a low battery sensor set in HA and I try to change batteries as soon as it gets triggered but the low battery signal gets sent at least once per day, until there is no sufficient voltage to operate.

You can try discharging a battery for a few seconds (just take care not to overheat it as it might explode :slight_smile: )

Thanks @PetricaM,
I have a second sensor now and will try to simulate that low battery state.

Your information is helpful - just one more clarification if you can:
So, when battery is low the sensor sends two signals when it gets into “open”?
It sends the code for “sensor open” and in addition “battery low”? That would be OK and good for me.

@eugeniogjr:
I think the code send as such is pretty clear - the system seems to be that the low battery code always is the “closed” code - 8.

Regards - MacSass

PS: I don´t see any of those sensors sold with the tamper switch installed anymore …

Hi,

It sends both open and battery low; however, (there are always limitations :slight_smile:) it sends both signals only when the battery is precisely at the low battery threshold.

Once it drops below this threshold it becomes too erratic and couldn’t identify a pattern: sometimes it sends low battery out of the blue (door is either open or closed), sometimes when opening it.

Thanks - I will put that in my code and see how it goes …if I get the low battery warning once, that should be enough …
Cheers - MacSass

I’ve got tons of this sensors. The following codes I have:

• 0A - open
  • 0E - closed
  • 07 - tamper
  • 06 - low battery
1 Like

I have connected a PIR module (an AM312 - Low current when inactive ~4uA - i did bypass the 3.3v LDO) across the reed switch connections, the STC micro in the WDS07 has a 3.3v feed into Pin 2, which i tapped off, i then re-housed the assembly in a waterproof box, i have placed this down my drive way to detect movement and the RF codes are read by a Sonoff Bridge into Home Assistant and decoded by Node Red - Works excellently and reliably.

2 Likes

Hi, i have a GS-WDS07 Sensor, can you help me with sensor for homeassistant, i receive the code for low battery but how i use it? thanks

hi,

a bit off topic maybe but…I have a couple of this sensor and using a gateway based on EspHome.

Usually to receive door sensors (I also have DIGOO switches) I set the receiver to rc_switch and dump the RF code (format is something like 10100101010) so binary one.

With these GS-WDS07 instead it seems I am not capturing anything: blue led is activating hence I guess it should be transmitting.
How are you doing to capture RF code?

I don’t quite get you.
Do you need help with receiving battery level or you don’t know how to use it in HA?
It would be useful if you could post a relevant bit of your sensor config here.

OMG sends all RF messages to a MQTT topic. Just subscribe to it an check what’s published when your sensor it tripped.

i have a 20 units GS-WDS07 , i wonder i i can convert it to water leak sensor ?
i have this water sensor
i try to soldering 2 wire to the reed but in my test its looks that the short not send the code.
mybe with tamper ? any idea ?

You should measure the impedance of the reed switch and try to replace it with a resistor with the same value first.
If working try to setup a circuit with your water sensor + the resistor or a lower one depending on the total impedance.