GS-WDS07 433Mhz Door sensor with open/close status

This sensor is a total of two pins that connect 2 wires and the water is supposed to shorten between them, I measured between the two REED legs and it gave 3.3V so that means it actually gives the trigger a trigger. The resistor you mean is actually going to simulate the resistance of the REED?
Because I shortened the sensor legs in a glass of water, it actually did nothing.
I am trying to understand the water sensor works whether it is really short or by lowering the resistance following the water.

Yes exactly

I think you should compare the impedance obtainer here with the reed switch one.

I measured the resistance on the REED and it gave me about 50 ohms.
The resistance on both connections after I removed the REED from the board is 1.5M ohms.
I put a 1.5M resistor between the two connections and connected the sensor but it did not help, if I put a resistor over 33K then no contact and still with the sensor is not a short sight to send the RF code.
I don’t really understand it, but I couldn’t really make the sensor a short character like the REED.
Do you have an idea or direction?

If you try to replace the REED with 50 ohms resistor or a close value do you succeed in triggering the sensor?

yes. i try many type of resistor values until 33Kohm . above 33K do nothing.
but with the resistor and the water sensor he do nothings

not 33K, 33ohms only and without the water sensor?

Yes I connected the resistor instead of the 33ohm resistor (I went up in values up to 33K) and it did give a trigger

any idea ?? :roll_eyes:

And the resistance of your water sensor when into the water is how much?

sorry cant remember now , i will check it and came back with the answer later

Also could you open a separate topic about this transformation?

ok… i will open new topic

@1technophile Something very interesting about this module is that it comes with a 1.5V AAA battery but if you put a AAA lithium battery it greatly increases its transmission range. It seems that all the modules I had problems with transmitting after replacing the battery started transmitting continuously and quickly…

Interesting, could you compare the voltage of the lithium one versus the provided one?

I did the measurements and here are the results:

AAA Battery : On Stand by is : 25uA , On transmission is : 27mA
AAA Lithium : On Stand by is : 12uA , On transmission is : 12mA

Lithium battery consumption seems to be really low in transmission compared to using a standard AAA battery.
In my opinion probably because lithium battery does not have to increase the voltage as with a normal battery (1.5V). I measure the voltage on REED connections with a normal battery I get 3.3V so there is probably wasted engry on the voltage conversion.
your opinion ?

Note that if you short out the connections for the tamper switch you get the tamper code, viz ****07

Useful…

I got like 10 of these in the mail.
is there a way to identify them, so I can tell WHICH of the 10 windows is actually open? I did not find anywhere an info if they have unique identifiers.

Yes the signal should be an unique value

1 Like

Thanks a lot, looking forward

Hello,
an example of the received json is:
{‘Time’: ‘2020-12-01T15:04:59’, ‘RfReceived’: {‘Sync’: 14110, ‘Low’: 380, ‘High’: 1330, ‘Data’: ‘E0460E’, ‘RfKey’: ‘None’}}

does anyone know which is the meaning of the:

• Sync
  • High
  • Low
    attributes?

Thank you in advance