GS-WDS07 433Mhz Door sensor with open/close status

Sorry to revive a really old thread, I’m trying to build a sensor in HA for the battery on this sensor, does this sensor have a way of telling you percentage, or just low? After the battery goes to ‘normal’ is there another code sent thats unique to let you know its back to normal?

You will just get low. The best way will be to put an already low battery into the sensor and carch the code emitted.

If you replace the previous battery with a new one you will not get a notification saying that the battery is now with the expected voltage.

Thanks a bunch, I’m trying to just get a basic template going now in HA, do you know how often the low battery signal is sent? I need to create some sort of template so that if it doesnt get a message after such and such time then to change battery state to ‘normal’

I don’t have this one anymore so can’t say. But if you have one and record the sensor value you should be able to identify the frequency ?

i found the battery code, its look like this :
open code is finish with E
close code is finish with A
low battery code finish with 6
tamper code is finish with 7
examle :
21B40E
21B40A
21B406
21B407

1 Like

I dont think that’s standard, my codes ended with 130 and 134 for opened and closed, and low battery was 131.
Also, measuring low battery was rough. I used a variable power supply, and when I went below 1.1v the sensor started flashing a few times when opening and closing instead of once and I had to keep increasing the voltage and trying again untill I got it just right.

Did you ever manage to get that water sensor going? I wanted to do the exact same thing and came across the same issue - that the resistance of water is very high compared to a reed switch, and the sensor didn’t work with such a high resistance. I just can’t find a decent water leak sensor which works as well and as reliantly on 1.5v as these work for doors

I did some tweaking to convert it into water leak detector and found solution (hopefully), please check following link:

1 Like

Does anyone have these and have an issue that only the open status gets pushed along?? The closed status seems to be very hit or miss.